Dr. Paul de Jong, ND
About Dr. Paul de Jong, ND
Dr. Paul de Jong, ND is a licensed and board-certified doctor of naturopathic medicine and licensed acupuncturist who offers natural health options for everyday health concerns. He also specializes in cancer care and care for chronic disease. He believes that each person is unique and treats patients with the utmost care and compassion, working with each to create a personalized holistic treatment plan that will include a combination of supplementation, detoxification, lifestyle recommendations and methods to optimize the mind-body connection.
Paul’s goal is to restore your faith in healthcare
Dr. de Jong hears everyday from patients who feel that they have just been shoved through the healthcare system without regard for their individual needs and interests. The one-size-fits-all approach of Western medicine has left many people feeling helpless and hopeless as they struggle with health issues that Western medicine alone cannot address. His goal is to find and treat the real cause of illness.
Dr. de Jong’s path to becoming a Naturopathic Doctor
Paul has always known he wanted a career in holistic healing, and after completing four years of study, 1200+ hours of in-residence clinical training, and a medical internship, he obtained his doctor of naturopathy degree, as well as his master of acupuncture degree, from Bastyr University in 2007. He then practiced with the Northwest Clinic of Naturopathic Medicine until opening his own practice in 2008.
Paul’s philosophy is one of collaboration, education, and a focus on the individual
Paul loves educating his patients, and is committed to ensuring that each patient fully understands his or her treatment plan. As your Naturopathic Physician, he consults with any other health care providers you may be seeing, with your permission. He truly believes that every health care professional brings something valuable and unique to the patient’s overall experience. Working together, he will provide you with the best care possible.
- Board Certified Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
- Board Certified Licensed Acupuncturist
- Doctor of Naturopathy – Bastyr University (2007)
- Master of Acupuncture – Bastyr University (2007)
- Certified Emergency Medical Technician – Wenatchee Valley College (1998)
- Bachelor of Science in Biology – Western Washington University (1996)
- Commercial Pilot’s Certificate – Big Bend Community College (1989)
- Associates Degree in Arts and Science – Big Bend Community College (1989)
- Washington Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- National Ski Patrol
- American Healthcare Access Campaign
- Mt Baker Ski Patrol
- Bellingham Traverse
- Cornwall Park Neighborhood Association
- Sponsorship of Shuksan Velo Club – Bellingham bicycle racing team
- Mayor’s Neighborhood Advisory Committee